By The Fourrie Team
Just like us humans, dog's skin reacts to the changes in temperature - the colder it gets, the dryer their skin gets. Slightly modifying your dog-care routine by can help tremendously to help prevent your dog of constantly scratching themselves and potentially developing a skin condition.
There are 3 top ingredients which can help add extra moisture and protection to your dog's skin during the colder months:
* Oat Meal
* Coconut Oil
Products with these three ingredients are the best additions to your dog’s fall care routine because:
- All are anti-inflammatories that reduce irritation on a dog’s skin.
- Oatmeal provides a barrier that locks in other hydrating ingredients.
- Products with oatmeal and products paired with oatmeal as an ingredient are more effective, and effects last longer due to the barrier oatmeal creates
- Coconut oil promotes a healthy coat which can better protect your dog from harsh weather. It also moisturizes and prevents dryness.
- Lavender contains a soothing oil that is proven to alleviate irritation and redness.
How to use:
Bathing your dog and using products that contain one or more of these ingredients daily can significantly reduce dryness, irritation, and discomfort in your dog as the weather gets colder.